The Shepherd’s Center of Charlotte helps older adults remain in their homes for as long as possible. The Center relies on the time and talent of volunteers to accomplish its vital work.
Volunteers are needed for the following services:
- Transportation – Drivers are needed who can transport older adults to the doctor, grocery store and other essential appointments. Even one trip a month can make a real difference in someone’s life
- Handyman – Older homeowners and renters frequently need minor repairs to their home or its furnishings. Providing this service can help seniors enjoy living in their own homes for as long as possible.
- Medicare Counseling – Interested volunteers are trained to discuss and explain Medicare, Medicare supplements, prescription drug plans and long term care insurance to older adults turning 65 or who simply need additional information
- Tax Aides – Trained volunteers counsel taxpayers about basic Federal and State income taxes.
- Office Volunteers – Answering the phone, making appointments and doing general office work are just some of the contributions that volunteers can make at the SCC office.
- Instructors, coaches and committee members – Volunteers help to make the variety of programs available through Shepherd’s Center run smoothly. Travel leaders, Adventures in Learning Instructors, Computer class coaches are just a few of the opportunities available.
If you would like to volunteer with the Shepherd’s Center please call 704.365.1995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.